The Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association was established in 1921 to commemorate Lokmanya Tilak by undertaking educational activities. Parle Commerce College was established in June 1960 under the parasol of PTVA. A handsome donation made by Shri Mahadev Laxman Dahanukar, a philanthropic industrialist resulted in the College being renamed as M. L. Dahanukar College of Commerce in 1962. PTVA's M. L. Dahanukar College of Commerce has completed 58 Glorious Years in the field of education and is re-accredited with "A" Grade by NAAC. It is one of the oldest and highly sought after Commerce Colleges in Suburban Mumbai catering to more than 5,000 students every year.
The College is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. Colleges has three sections :